Dramatic debate between skill and college degree:
There are few unconventional debates going on the universe for ever, and one of those unsolved debates would be between the skill and the college degree. Every individual and expert have different opinion on the importance of both the topics, as finds college degree important than the skill or vice a verse. But in reality, no one has been clear on this topic to draw in between them as they both are the sides of one coin, which are near each other but still are polar opposites. The youngsters always get in the middle of this debate and they confused between whether they should go for a college degree or stay stick to their talent and nourishes it.
Well, in nutshell we can say, to succeed in the race of life, a person needs to have a degree along with the skill. A degree without the skill would be as empty as the skill without the degree. They both go together and you can’t pick one out of the two as they are utterly bonded with each other and no one can get success in the life without one. So, to understand the impact of the skills and the college degree simultaneously on the life of a new career seeker, let’s study the both terms separately.
Dynamic role of college degree
– The degree is an authenticate certificate that the person applying for the post is having the knowledge of the work requirement and has the ability to manage the functioning and justify the post.
– Degree brought the self-confidence in the life of holder and let them walk in the society with the head held high. The college degree develops the surging boost of self-believe in the person.
– Degree lets the holder climb the corporate ladder and gain promotion in the job. As the degree helps the person to grow and develop more.
– The degree gives the changed outlook to the person about the different issues and it helps in developing the persona of the individual. It teaches the person to draw line between the right and the wrong.
– Well, degree brought the social reputation and the sufficient income to sustain in life with it. Which is a nice combo?
Supportive role of Skills
– The skill is the inner ability of the individual which helps the person to get the degree as I don’t think so it is possible to get a degree without skill at all.
– Skill is a much wider term that is not possible to describe it in few lines. It is a broad spectrum which is groomed within the individual and nurtured through the repeated practical implications in life.
– Skills are the one which helps a person in achieving success in the life, the degree is merely the beginning of it not the full story of success.
– Skill attracts the employers, clients, and management which lift or drops the person. The skill of the person which retains him in the job as the degree is just gate pass to get the job.
– In the history I don’t recall any great inventor having the college degree, they all achieved excellence with their pure talent only.
Well, if you put both terms in weighing scale, you will definitely found the skill side heavier. As skill helps to get the degree and grow. So, in short, we can say, that the degree is the first step in the ladder of skills which leads to the success in life.