Definition of Software Testing:
The Software testing can be defined as the process of executing the software or application to find out any bugs or errors in it. As the name already suggests that the software testing means checking the developed software for any mistakes and problem in the initial design of the software. With the software testing validation and verification of the software program can be done and any human error can be easily detected. The software testing is a continuous process, not a single activity. Testing is a process that takes place throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). It is good to introduce software testing in the initial stage of coding to make it error free. The software testing further deals in the following testings, such as:
- Static Testing. This process of testing identifies the error in the verification process and rectifies them without executing any extra coding. This testing includes reviewing of the documents (including source code) and static analysis. This is a useful and cost effective way of testing. For example: reviewing, walkthrough, inspection, etc.
- Dynamic Testing. This testing is done to check the errors in the running program and solve the coding issue in the running process. It’s done during the validation process. For example unit testing, integration testing, system testing, etc.
The importance of Utilising Software Testing:
The Software Testing is very important to rectify any errors in the software application and make it error free. A human being always tends to make mistakes and by using this test human error can be easily corrected. Overall the Software Testing has numerous benefits, such as:
- The Software Testing is a tool which helps software developers to detect errors in the phase of coding and provide them the right suggestions to improve their coding of the software application.
- The Testing will help software developers to provide the accurate work to their customers and have one satisfied customer at the end of the day.
- It is very important to generate the quality work and the work which is liked by the customers. It helps software developers to create the market name by providing error free work to the clients.
- It is required to provide plenty of facilities to the customer’s life delivery of the high quality product or software application which requires lower maintenance cost and hence results into more accurate, consistent and reliable results.
- It is essential to construct the high performing software applications which can work as per the customer’s requirements.
- Testing the software in the running stage provides accurate reading and if you find any error in this stage, then it is easy to rectify an error in this stage and it is also less expensive.
- If you want to stay longer in the business then you definitely required to use Software Testing.
Every software developer must utilize the Software Testing to improve the performance of their software application and provide one efficient program. The good performing software is the indication of the bright future of a software developer and the Software Testing is the path to achieve it.