Survival of Android App in the Market
Nowadays, everybody is following the craze of app development and creating their own mobile applications. The enhancement of Android smartphone utilization surged the market of Android apps. But, with the dynamic flood in the Android app market, it became very hard for new apps to sustain in the market. There is no shortcut way to success, so to make one happening app you need to focus on two main principles:
1) Measure bottlenecks of app
2) Mobile app optimization
Your app needs to be perfect and must follow these two principles to sustain in the market as Android app market is highly competitive. And the users are very picky too, so to get users you have to create one perfect app. As according to a Nimbledroid post, 86% of users have uninstalled apps after using them only once due to poor performance. If you’re loading some content, you have less than 11 seconds to show it to the user. As the same report suggests that out of the 100 top apps, 40 starts in under 2 seconds, and 70 starts in under 3 seconds. So, you get the idea about the extends of competition present in the Android apps mare, that’s why generating perfect app is highly important.
Guidance for Optimizing Android Apps:
- First of all, decide on which data type you are going to write down your app coding. This is a very crucial decision whether you are going for Vector or an ArrayList. The decision normally depends on use case. For example, if you are looking for the single threaded coding system then go for Vector, but otherwise, ArrayList will do.
- If your app requires users location, then, in that case, use Google Location Services API for that purpose. As this server provides plenty of useful features.
- Pay very keen interest in handling network requests. As one of the main wings of network request is data usage and every user needs their app network efficient.
- Reflection is the ability of classes and objects to examine their own constructors, fields, methods etc. So, if you have to use reflection, make sure to cache response it first as reflection can slow down performance.
- Autoboxing and unboxing are a very vital process of converting primitive to an object type. So, using the perfect function for this is very important, such as Integer.valueOf().
- Take advantage of optimizing tools to better draw the conclusion, like OnDraw.
- Use Viewholder to smoothen the scrolling list content easy and this is a very common, but vital feature.
- Pay deep attention to image optimization and use different tools to design perfect image for your app. The common tools are Picasso by Square, Universal Image Loader, Fresco by Facebook, or, Glid.
- Yet another vital function is Strict Mode that is used to detect network requests or disk access from the main thread. The function is bit uncommon but is very useful for the android app developers.
- There are plenty of optimizing tools available in the market, that will aid you to optimize the app perfectly. So, the few dynamic tools are as Android Monitor, GPU Overdraw, GPU Rendering and Hierarchy Viewer.
Well, guys optimizing Android app is a bit tricky job, but with the right knowledge and tools, it can be easily down. So, go and optimize your Android app now for better results.